Friday, May 23, 2008

My Favourite Room!

Here it is! My most favourite room in the house. Reds to the left and whites to the right.


I don't profess to know much about wines but do know that I enjoy a good one! We're lucky with having the Hunter Valley only 90 minutes drive away and looking at the gaps I feel a trip there may be needed soon.


The Hunter Valley is best known for it's Semillon and Shiraz wines. The Semillon is a lovely dry crisp white wine with a citrussy hint! If you can get a bottle of Mount Pleasant's Elizabeth you'll see what I mean, you can taste the lemons! And the Shiraz goes well with beef or cheese. Well, that's what I think.


I was drinking a Hunter Valley shiraz only last night. It was from a winery that I love going to called Lucy's Run.


Lucy is the owners dog and features on the wine labels, Sophie is Lucy's daughter and has the dessert wine named after her. John and Judy own the winery and run it with the help of the dogs. John used to be an airline pilot and he and Judy bought the place before he stopped flying. Judy and the dogs manned the place until John gave up the day job and now they produce some great drinking wines and olive oil. They don't have a cellar door which means that you can't just drop in unannounced but if you give them a call (02 4938 3594) they'd love to see you!




1 comment:

Thinking About Food said...

I can completely understand why that would be your favourite room!!! You are lucky to have a fab wine region so close, we have a good 3 hours before we hit anything decent! We would love to visit the Hunter valley, we always have such short trips to Oz thought that we don't get time to visit those further out spots!